Got to hang out with a General Authority this week, Elder Muers of the Seventy! He is SO NICE! He taught us so much and it was really nice to get to learn from him! He also came to our MLC this week as well and helped us get ideas to help us with our zones! It was a lot of fun!! PLUS NBD but we got to watch the Best Two Years with him, WITH A GENERAL AUTHORITY! Pretty cool!
- Sister Fowler took us to the Sugar Moon Farms this week!! It is the best place ever. It is a farm and they have a ton of maple trees and they make their own maple syrup and all their food is maple flavored. Maple bacon, maple sausage, maple eggs, maple pancakes, maple hot chocolate, maple butter, maple whip cream, maple fudge, maple EVERYTHING! IT IS THE BEST!! I feel like a true Canadian!!:) I think I really am one at heart!! We left on a maple sugar HIGH!! Boy oh boy that stuff is like.. fantastic!! I can’t even begin to tell you!
- A more stressful week here in Truro than others. We had all of our investigators decide that they don’t want to learn about the church anymore all this week.. haha.. and now we are back to starting with scratch! But we are excited to find some more people to teach about the Gospel:)
- Spent Sunday night with the Dartmouth sisters and that was a lot of fun! We celebrated P-day eve by staying up late and singing songs and laughing and Sister Richardson, Sister Hird, and I all slept 3 peas in a pod! It was a party! Then on Monday we played a crazy fun game of dodge ball with all the missionaries in the metro. It was a lot of fun!
- Had the Cole Harbor sisters here on exchanges and that was a lot of fun! They are just the cutest balls of energy and always know how to make me smile The most rewarding part of being an STL is seeing them just light up and get so excited about missionary work and having the opportunity to help them and guide them and shape them and get to know who they are and who God wants them to become. Heavenly Father does have a separate plan and a different life and goal for each of us, as we come to understand our own paths it really helps us to flourish so much more. I love this Gospel and I am grateful to be a servant of the Lord! I wish you all a good week!!
We have been So blessed this week, I cant even begin to describe the gratitude I feel for my Savior.
–1. We are teaching SO MANY amazing people right now. One of our investigators finally made up his mind that he wanted to change and he moved out of the community home that he was living in where he was surrounded by bad influences. We are so excited for him to start acting on what he is learning. Another one of our investigators CAME TO CHURCH! and not only did she attend, but she cried at the testimonies and then she SAID THE CLOSING PRAYER!!! It was beautiful, and the spirit was so strong! We were so excited and she told us that she is planning on coming to all of the sessions of conference next weekend and she is “SO EXCITED”
Its one of the hardest missions in the world.
–He also stated that the people who get called to CHM have first and fore most been called to do missionary work, BUT the missionaries from CHM will fill a great portion of the upcoming generation of leaders in the church! Kinda fun things:)
–For Zone Conference this week we were asked to study on ” How becoming consecrated helps you to endure well.” The law of Consecration is that we consecrate all our time, talents, money, and property to the cause of the church. Similarly, the law of Sacrifice is that we are willing to sacrifice all that we have; Our character, reputation, honor, and applause, for the truths sake. These two are inseparably intertwined. Joseph Smith once said, ” A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce faith necessary to lead unto life and salvation.”
Never mind that their wives are about to be widows and their children fatherless. Never mind that their little band of followers will yet be “houseless, friendless and homeless” and that their children will leave footprints of blood across frozen rivers and an untamed prairie floor. Never mind that legions will die and other legions live declaring in the four quarters of this earth that they know the Book of Mormon and the Church which espouses it to be true. Disregard all of that, and tell me whether in this hour of death these two men would enter the presence of their Eternal Judge quoting from and finding solace in a book which, if not the very word of God, would brand them as impostors and charlatans until the end of time? They would not do that! They were willing to die rather than deny the divine origin and the eternal truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.
–As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Days Saints, we are to stand as a witness and an example to the world. Set aside your PRIDE,your NEGATIVITY, and your FEARS! The Savior warned that in the last days even those of the covenant, the very elect, could be deceived by the enemy of truth. Hold your Courage and Hold your Course! You have not been called upon to die for your religion, However, you have been called of God to stand and protect your religion. Share it with the world. Love God MORE than you love the natural man, for the natural man is an enemy to God.
– Love you all and wish you the Best!! Sister Kilmer
I’m back!! Hello Everyone, Another amazing week on the Western edge of the Newfoundland Island:) Some FUN things that happened this week:
” For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever,unless he yields to the enticings of the fHoly Spirit, andgputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becomethas a jchild, ksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love,willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit toinflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father. ” – Mosiah 3:19
Hello!! I have now been a Newfie for 1 week and boy have I learned a lot!
From left to right
FRONT ROW: Sister Kilmer, Sister Champoux
MIDDLE ROW: President Pratt, Elder Hardy, Elder J. Phillips, Elder Mayoros, Elder Odde, Elder Golder, Elder Hoole
BACK ROW: Elder Williams, Elder Clark, Elder Cox, Elder Layton, Elder Burggraff, Elder T. Phillips, Elder Harris, Elder Ipson
Sister Kilmer will be flying out Friday morning to her first area, Corner Brook, New Foundland.